Sunday, January 10, 2016

Building in Minecraft

Recently, I've been working on a building project on a server I play on, and I wanted to share the process I go through when building some of it.

The building project will end up being a stone castle on top of a gigantic snowy mountain. Here's a view of the basic layout:


I wanted to show how I went about making the walls of the place, since I spent a decent amount of time designing them. The most important thing when it comes to making buildings is depth and variety. A flat wall doesn't look very interesting, especially if it's only made of one kind of material.

Let's start out with a normal wall:

Pretty bland, pretty boring. Let's make it out of 2 materials instead:

Looks OK, but it's still very flat. Let's fix that.

It's better, but still pretty flat. It's always better for it to have too much depth than too little.

That looks better. Two things still need to be added: The top needs some crenellations, and the middle is just a solid block of cobblestone, not broken up by anything. Plus, if I was building a castle, I'd want to reinforce it with stronger stone.

And there we go! That's our wall completed. Here's a picture of it at night:

Sometimes, taking the extra 30 minutes to make a wall detailed can completely change how a project looks.

In future blog posts, I'll probably continue with updates on the building. But for now, see ya!

2 comments:

  1. This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses.
    Minecraft Server

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... http://minebrowse.com/

    ReplyDelete