Wednesday, October 26, 2011

When I was your age, there was no such thing as the Nether...

 For a while now, I've noticed how much Minecraft has changed since I first started playing. There's been a lot of changes, and a few things taken out of the game...

I started playing in Alpha, about a month or two before the Halloween update was released. Around 1.6, people will know that weather was added to the game. Do you know it was actually RE-ADDED? When I first started playing, they had two kinds of worlds that would randomly generate: You would either spawn in a Normal world or a Winter world. In the Normal world, there was no weather at all, but in a Winter world, it was ALWAYS snowing, and there was snow everywhere. I honestly perferred to play on the Normal world though, because the snow could get very annoying.

Also, back when I started playing, you didn't need shears. You just punched a sheep once, and it dropped 1, 2, or (if you were very lucky) 3. Back then, there wasn't really any use for wool other than paintings and decoration (although colored wool hadn't been added) since beds hadn't been added. No wolves, either- They're actually not very helpful, but they're kinda OK at fighting and the "drying off" animation is really cool. The hunger bar wasn't there either, so you could just spam cooked pork and be basically invincible. Speaking of food- No cooked chicken or steak, those were only added recently.

There haven't been many new mobs recently, although I've seen the release of Squids, Endermen, SilverFish, and soon, Ender Dragons. Yes, I know I'm sounding like an old man ("When I was your age, we had none of those fancy-pants pistons and there was no such thing as a Nether!"), but I'm still amazed at all the new stuff. Keep working hard, Mojang!

No comments:

Post a Comment